I bought a Celestron FirstScope dobsinian telescope for a project that I’ve been kicking around. It’s not super duper, but for $50, it’s a functional telescope.
Before I bought it, I was looking for some dimension specs. Unable to find any, I decided to document it myself.
Measurements are in inches, and are “close enough”
- Base diameter: 8”
- Little rubber feet height: 1.25”
- Lazy susan height: 1.25”
- Floor to telescope tube mid-point: 9.5”
- Telescope tube overall length: 10.5”
- Telescope tube diameter: 4”
- Eyepiece height (min): 2.5”
- Eyepiece height (max): 4”
It’s not half bad. Pretty easy to use. Probably needs to be collimated, but it’s definitely good enough for looking down on the city during the day. For $50, it’s a solid scope. I’m impressed.
Here’s a picture I took of a barge. It’s a pretty hazy day today, unfortunately.